The Top 10 Advantages of Using Postcards
- Postcard marketing is affordable, even for the smallest of businesses.
- When you're marketing with postcards, your competition doesn't know it. But they'll sure know it if you're advertising in the newspaper!
- It's easy to track your results. Your card can tell recipients to bring the card into your store for a special discount. Or it can ask them to use a special ordering code when purchasing from your website.
- Postcards are versatile. In a single mailing, you can seek business from prospective customers, and solicit repeat business from existing customers. Better yet, a postcard isn't just something to send through the mail. You can use postcards as oversized business cards, hang tags for your products and mini-information sheets.
- Your postcards can "brand" you and your business in ways that most marketing materials cannot. If you start and stick to a regular postcard mailing program, you and your business will gain quite a reputation, perhaps even a little notoriety.
- Testing an offer with postcards is easy. Just send your card to a small group of people and see how many of them respond. If you're satisfied with the results, then roll out a bigger mailing!
- Postcards don't waste people's time—they don't even have to open an envelope to read your message.
- Postcards don't take up a lot of space. Your customers can carry them in their pockets, or carry them in their pocketbooks, for that matter. Hey, some of them might even create a postcard display on their refrigerator door!
- Postcards are inexpensive to print.
- Postcards are easy to redeem. If you're asking your customers to bring your postcard into your store for a special discount, all they have to do is show up with the card.
Or you could include a special tracking code with each card mailing. Just ask recipients to enter that code into the order form on your website, or give it to the operator when they place a telephone order.
The idea behind "Bring this card for a discount!" or "Use this code and get an additional 10% off on your order!" is to give people an incentive to do business with you.
Postcard Size Options
- 4.25x6 gives a special postcard rate.
- Once you go bigger than 4.25x6 you move to a different postage category. 6"h x 8.5"w or 6"h x 11"w - postage is the same either way.
- EDDM - Every Door Direct Mail - very low postage rates
- Your postcard needs to be taller than 6.125"h or longer than 11.5w" and smaller than 12"h x15"w